Saturday, September 13, 2008

Randomness

This is just going to be totally random because I'm tired, have a million things I've been wanting to blog about, and it's late. :) Welcome to my brain.

First off, check out the "Read This" section of the blog here --------------------------------> 
This is where I will give a link to particularly funny or otherwise engaging blog posts that I've read out of my reader. So if you're looking to pass the time, consider these pre-screened and approved for you! ;) j/k of course, but they will pass the time!

--------------------------------oOo---------------------------------------------

Jacob does have a face. I realize in the last "hair-cut" post, I didn't show the result from the front. That was because he no longer felt like hanging out strapped to a chair with me flashing pictures and holding scissors. Go figure.

Anyway, here is an adorable picture of him:





Look at those blue eyes! And yes, his hair has a reddish tint. He has some Irish in him (which is thanks to me). What a cutie!

--------------------------------oOo---------------------------------------------

I listed something else at Etsy. It is a blue button bouquet, and this one is quite a bit larger and wilder looking. I really like it, and I'm not much for modern-looking stuff. This just looks pretty awesome though.

--------------------------------oOo---------------------------------------------

Lastly, a really cool thing I learned in a Bible study I did last fall came out of the book of Habakkuk. Honestly, it wasn't a book I even noticed before this study, and if you're the same...go read it. It's only 3 chapters long. It's about how Habakkuk cries out to God about the injustice going on around him. God answers him basically, "Don't worry, I'm about to strike dead all those who are sinning, and oh, by the way, I'm going to use the Babylonians to do it." The Babylonians were even worse! So Habakkuk says he doesn't understand, etc., etc. He then says something I just love.
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
You're probably thinking, "huh? What's so profound about that?" You have to remember back in "the day." When Habakkuk wrote this, all that really kept them alive were figs, grapes, olives, crops, sheep, and cows...lol. He was saying, "No matter what happens, I will rejoice in the Lord," but he was breaking it down into the things that would REALLY suck to have happen.

Have you been having major sucky things happen lately? I've found it quite helpful to make my own Habakkuk 3:17. Something like:
Though the house is completely unrecognizable and Jacob just peed in the clean laundry, though my work isn't complete and I'm sitting here eating another yet another cookie and feeling miserable about it, though my bank account is very low and I don't know how we're going to get by, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
What kind of "thoughs" could you write? The thing this Bible study suggested was to take your worst case scenarios and write them in. In that case, mine might look like:
Though we may lose a lot of money on this house deal and might have to stay here indefinitely, though we want more kids and can't afford the insurance, though I will undoubtedly still struggle with my food addiction, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
That really puts things in perspective just to lay it all out and then wrap it up at the end with a powerful statement that God can get us through ANYTHING. Woohoo! Go God! :D

--------------------------------oOo---------------------------------------------

Nighty night all.






No comments: