Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Time sure does get away from me when I manage to steal away a few moments here on the computer to myself. I have a boat load of emails to answer, grocery lists to make online, volunteer work to get to, but instead I manage to dink around on the computer for a half-hour. Oh well.

Today was a nice day. It was HOT though. My DD had her first swim lesson today. She's 4. She did very well getting in the water and was brave enough to leap for the teacher in what they termed a "blast off." She didn't like the kicking exercises, because she didn't like it that the other kids were getting water in her face. She was a bit scared to put her face in the water, and when they tried to tell her that there were fish in there to look at, she quickly told them there were no such things in a swimming pool. A couple of the kids went under by accident. Phew! That made me nervous. I told my friend sitting next to me that if she got a baby flung her way (my DS) that it was because I was going to rescue my DD from drowning. Thankfully, nothing bad happened to my DD though.

Inspired by Judy's blog about how to have fun in 50 days, we made bubbles to play with this afternoon. They turned out really well I was surprised to find out. DD played with them for about 5 minutes, and then somehow the cup of bubbles mysteriously got dumped on the doggie. Hmmmmm. Well, he needed a bath anyway. So he got one.

Want to learn something I bet you didn't know? When someone says "segway" (as in we will use this to segway into that), did you know it is actually spelled "segue?" Yes, that's right. The fun trivia I learn as a medical transcriptionist.

That's it for today. I need to post a yummy recipe and then get to bed.

No comments: