Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Changing computers

Things are hectic around here. I am changing over to a new computer...YAY! I needed one very badly, since mine is having memory issues. Could it be the nearly 7 gigs of pictures I have stored on my computer? Hmmmm. Maybe? Good grief I need to get some of these developed. Maybe I need to find a good site for remote storage.

So I've been busy today transferring things from my old computer to my new one (which is actually DH's old computer scrubbed clean). I downloaded this program called GSpace, which is supposed to let you use your Gmail account like FTP, but apparently, Gmail frowns on that sort of thing, and I have been blocked out of my email program for 24 hours due to suspicious activity! UGH! For awhile there, it felt like I couldn't breathe! Of course, I can access my email through comcast and yahoo, etc., but I want my Gmail....wahhhhh! I hope they find it within their hearts to find mercy on me and let me back in to Gmail. If they're reading, I just want them to know that I ended up going with Comcast's free personal storage space. Who knew all that money I pay every month actually goes toward something like that?

Evie spent the day with her friend today, which was very nice, and Jacob took a long nap. I should have used my time productively, but I was dealing with the whole FTP crisis. Why is it when you finally get some free time - with which you have sworn to either accomplish much or accomplish resting - you don't do anything you want to do???

I don't really feel very contemplative today. I have these articles I want to offer my opinion on and other thoughts roaming around my head, but eh.. you know?

One very cool thing I found while transferring some files...a video of Jacob when he was first born. Now granted, he's all smooshed and pruned, and I couldn't tell right away which child of mine it was, but still. It's so sweet to look at them when they are THAT SMALL! That little squeal of his is so precious. Nowadays, it's not so precious. It's nice to be reminded of how little and innocent they started out. Anyway, I thought I would share. Let me know if it brings you the warm fuzzies.

No comments: