Friday, August 29, 2008

Etsy

I opened up an Etsy shop last week. I thought up a really cool name and everything. There's nothing there yet, so I'm not going to bother with sharing the link.

I'm such a dork. I want to do something so bad, I start it, and then I put off finishing it until it's a big pain in the a$$. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to try selling the things that I made that I think are lovely. But I come with excuse after excuse and reason after reason why I just can't sit down and do it. Well that's it.

This weekend, I will list a couple of things on my Etsy shop. I will write my bio for the public profile (which is a lot of pressure to think of what to say!). I also will begin work on one of the crafts I want to make.

I've signed up to do a craft show on November 1st. That gives me just over 2 months to pull my stuff together and try to make this work!

I feel like I need Stuart Smalley. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!


PS - There's an Etsy contest where you can vote for the coolest handmade kids item. You are entered to win a $350 Etsy giftcard for every vote you make, so get moving!

No comments: