Monday, September 29, 2008

Okay, okay...

I'll write something.

Let's see...what shall I write about...

I put up a bird mobile on Etsy. What do you think? I really like it, but I don't know if I'd pay for it, know what I mean? LOL Is that a horrible way to approach this or what? You know what though, I probably would at a craft show, but not online.

Speaking of craft shows. I have 1 month to prepare all sorts of things for the craft show I'll be doing on November 1st. Thank goodness I'll have a couple of friends who will also put their stuff on my table just in case I can't make enough. I'm curious to see if anyone else thinks the stuff I make is cool. :)

I'm still reading "Love to Eat, Hate to Eat." I've made it into the "meat" of the book now, where she's talking about how to fix this sinfulness in my life. I'm finding it very interesting, helpful, and like it will really work. Her first step was to admit that the way I eat is sinful. No, it's not sinful per say for me to eat a cookie, 3 cookies, or a whole package of cookies, but if I know I shouldn't be doing that and I do it anyway, that's when the sinful part comes in.

The second step (where I am now) helps you to establish Godly eating habits. She suggest that you ask yourself the following questions before you eat:

Doubt: Do I doubt (for whatever reason) that I can eat this food without sinning?
Idolatry: Will eating this food demonstrate a heart of idolatry (pleasure/power)?
Stumble: If I eat this food, will it cause some weaker Christian to stumble?
Covet: Am I eating this food because I saw someone else with it and I am coveting?
Inroad: If I eat this food, will it create an inroad for sin in my life?
Praise: Can I eat this food with thanks and gratitude?
Life: Would eating this food harm my life or health in any way?
Illustrate: Am I modeling good eating habits for others?
No: Am I able to say no to this food, even if I know that I can eat it without sinning?
Emotions: Does the desire to eat this food flow out of any sinful emotion?
Distract: Will preparing or eating this food distract me from something more profitable?
Enslaved: Will eating this food bring me under any kind of bondage?

This spells out an acrostic: D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E-D Eating. She of course goes more in depth and even matches each question up with a Bible verse that shows why this should be a focus. She says that a healthy diet (such as Weight Watchers, ADA or AHA diet) is fine to do as long as that doesn't become your new focus, which for me, it totally would. So I am not going to do that. Yes, I'd be eating healthy stuff and losing weight, but I'd be eating too much healthy stuff because I could "get away with it." I would also reward myself for a job well done too often.

A lot of people don't understand what the heck I'm talking about when I say I'm just trying to eat right. I don't always divulge that I'm "giving my eating to God" because for many that would sound quite loony. :P Oh well. Yep, at times I'm going to fail and sin, and I might not lose a ton of weight right away, but MAN I would really like to lick this and be done with it. You know? I just want to master this so that I can be pleasing to the Lord...not reveling in my sin. Blech. Anyone know what I mean?

On a much lighter note. This is funny.

Oh AND!!! My little brother got engaged today!!!! Yay!!!! I'm so excited about it! His fiance is just lovely and sweet. I can't wait to (hopefully) develop a closer relationship with her. I hope this means I'll be an aunt relatively soon!!! Woohoo!!

No comments: